As we already know, walnuts are one of the nuts with the most benefits and properties. In addition to this, they are a very typical food that is consumed in the coming Christmas season. For this reason, at Frutos Secos San Blas we think that it may be a good idea to take advantage of walnuts and make recipes with them.
Today we are going to propose an ideal Christmas recipe to share in family meals that you will not be able to resist. Keep reading to know it!
Chicken stuffed with apple, onion, walnuts and raisins
It is a simple recipe, which in less than 1 hour you will have ready. But we are going to know every detail to be able to elaborate it.
For approximately 4 people, we will need these INGREDIENTS:
- 1 piece of whole chicken clean
- 1 onion
- 2 apples
- 12 walnuts
- 20 raisins
- 1 lemon
- 200 gr of apple puree
- 15 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, thyme
- The first step, if the chicken is not clean, our mission will be to clean it completely to be able to fill it, and also clean it externally. We remove grease, feathers, and leave it ready for use.
- Mix the olive oil, pepper and thyme in a bowl, and use it to spread it all over the chicken.
- We place the chicken on a baking tray with aluminum foil at the base.
- We peel and cut the apples. It is important to extract the seeds, and cut them into cubes. We put them aside in a container.
- We cut the onion very fine, we open the walnuts and we split them in two. We add these ingredients along with the raisins and the applesauce. We mix everything well.
- We add oil, thyme and salt to the previous mixture.
- We fill the chicken with the preparation.
- We bake the chicken at 180 degrees, for about 45 minutes. We can add sliced apples around the chicken to serve roasted as a garnish.
- After 45 minutes, once the chicken is golden brown, ready to taste!
This delicious Christmas recipe can be great to make in the upcoming holidays, because in addition to being original and delicious, it provides all the properties that dried fruits such as walnuts or dehydrated fruits such as raisins can contribute to your dishes. At Christmas, bet on Frutos Secos San Blas!